Food and Scientific Reports (FSR) publishes popular articles, technical articles, short communications, case studies, and success stories. Publish your original articles at FSR that advances knowledge and understanding in a certain field; stimulate new ideas and sensitise towards good practices. Our multidisciplinary team of editors will help you to shape and share with the scientific community over the globe. Kindly prepare your manuscript as good as possible before submission. Please follow guidelines when preparing your article/manuscript.
Title should clearly describe the contents of paper in fewest possible words The title of the paper will be read more than any other parts. So, the title of the article should be
- Catchy and concise (not more than 12 words)
- Describe the contents of the article accurately and specifically
- Easy to understand
- Not be flashy as in newspapers (e.g., avoid statements like ‘‘technology to doubling farmers’ income’’)
Avoid using abbreviations and jargon
- The authorship credit must be reserved for only those individuals who have made a substantial contribution to the drafting of the article and approved the final version of the manuscript, including references (preferred maximum 2-3 authors in popular articles). Don’t include an individual as an author who has not actually made any contribution to the work. We discourage Gift authorshippractices
- The corresponding author must ensure that all appropriate co-authorsare included on the paper Order of the authors must follow the relative contributions of the individuals to the article
- Present designation(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s) along with their email id(s) and mobile number(s) must be mentioned in manuscript.(The email id and phone numbers will be kept secret &will be used only for official purpose)
- Use same superscripted character after the name of authors with same designation and affiliation
(A stand-alone, short narrative of the paper)
- Provide an abstract of 100-150 words about the highlights of the article
- It should give facts discussed in the article rather than only saying the article is ‘‘about’’ something
- The abstract should not contain abbreviations, literature citations, any information or inference not included in the paper itself, general statements
- A supplementary graphical abstract can be added. It is a single, concise, pictorial and visual summary of the whole article (preferred)
- Words other than those in title that best describe the paper
- Provide 3-6 keywords which can be indexed by abstracting services
- Keywords should be very specific to the article. Commonwords (e.g. farmers, plants, soils, etc.) should not be included as keywords
(Why this paper?)
- The introduction should explain the scope of the topic in light of current knowledge
- Defines the nature and extent of the issues described in the article It should describe the need for writing the article
Body of Article
- The text should be intelligible to readers in different disciplines
Contains a clear, useful, and exciting scientific message
- Organize the whole content in a logical order
- Follow the proper heading scheme
- The text should be informative & persuasive
- Discussion should be unbiased
- Rather than large masses of data, summary presented in the forms of tables,graphs, and diagrams facilitates easy understanding and comparison Complete articles should be within 1500-2000 words
- Well-articulated outcomes of discussion on the text
- Possible implications based on the facts discussed in the body of the article What next?: Briefly suggest future lines of action
- Do not make statements that go beyond the supported information Do not summarize the paper again as the abstract serves that purpose
- All information and views should be properly cited
- Include only those references in the list that are cited in the text Follow APA style/format for reference writing
People who might have provided assistance, given suggestions for improvement, any funding, etc. can also be acknowledged.
Follow the authors’ guidelines strictly
- The word count of article should be not more than 1500-2000 words
- Abbreviations should be defined at first mention in the main text
- Avoid any typographical and grammatical error
- All symbols & abbreviations must be defined, and used only when necessary
- Reported statistics and previous research findings should be collected form authentic sources and duly acknowledged
- “Less” is better than “More”: Try to write concisely and accurately
- Use simple words
- Use short sentences in a logical order
- Use active voice
- Maintain coherence: relate all sentences with each other
- Paragraphs should be short and readable
- Give human touch to your article to make it interesting
- Give practical information
- Avoid excessive self-citation
- Plagiarism is considered as a serious offense in scientific publication Do not reproduce others’ copyrighted materials as your own. You need to cite properly or secure permission in advance before extracting information (figure, table, chart, etc.) from another source(s).
- Don’t include an individual as an author whohas not actually made anysubstantial contribution to the work. Gift authorship must be discouraged.
- Be sure about the authenticity of information used in article
- Must avoid simultaneous submission, duplicate publication, translations of a paper published in another language, fabrication & falsification of data and other unethical practices
Ensure that all the authors have seen and read the manuscript and agreed before submission.
Submit article in MS Word format with times new roman font, 12 font size and 1.5 line spacing.
Must mention two reviewers with their address, designations, specialisation, mail id & mobile number
You may add a good quality original cover photo. This photo may be used in front page in future.
The Editors reserve the right to reject an articles that do not comply with the guidelines.
The publisher (Food and Scientific Reports) is not responsible for claims made in the articles. The author(s) will be solely held accountable for false statements or unethical practices.
Visit https://foodandscientificreports.com for submission of your article or write to email@example.com for any query.